Why the Blog......

9 years now into the blog, and lots and lots posts on the SWOFFING (Salt Water Fly FishING) in and around Darwin - maps, flies, outings and musings

Hope your enjoying it!

Friday, August 8, 2014

No fishing this weekend - just a little fly tying

Some fish have been caught midweek by others (see  tales from the tinny Facebook), exactly where I was on Sunday in 20_ knot winds, at least it wasn't on the fly. Sadly, I don't think I will be SWOFFING this weekend!

The wind forecast is way up for this Sunday and I really have to make some steel brackets for a bench seat I am making for students at the school I work at - extra credit activity! Additionally, my last subject for my Masters study has also started - essay due in four weeks, article responses every week for next six weeks. uuggghhh!!!!

So seeing I cant always go SWOFFING, I am so glad I have fly tying to break the stress and tension of my busy life.

So on this Sunday instead of being out in hte boat, I will be cutting and welding rather than casting, retrieving, striking and 'yaaahoooing' the many fish I could have caught.

So,tying some flies for that next possible trip I haven't fixed a date for as yet is the next best thing - if not foreplay.

My tying desk is quite untidy at the moment. I had this made almost 20 years ago now, from the day it arrived home, it was too small and has been ever since, I really need five times as many draws now, to make it tidy!

Once I get the write up done of what I was tying, I will post  the step by step image or video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something constructive to add please do so.......
After moderation (if it is constructive) it will be published.