Why the Blog......

9 years now into the blog, and lots and lots posts on the SWOFFING (Salt Water Fly FishING) in and around Darwin - maps, flies, outings and musings

Hope your enjoying it!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Still no fishing ??!!!$&&@??##%}{{

Had planned to hit Bynoe flats this weekend
The article from the 2/3/15 on the social fly mob site got me inspired, so I was super super keen.

Flies tied, motor turned over
Fuel tank filled to top
Maps checked
Weather checked
Tides checked
Man, was I looking forward to the trip with my newly repaired boat screaming out to get wild and wet

Now the wife had something planned for weekend, but that mattered not
My two year old had her birthday party on the Sunday that mattered not
  (Her birthday was mid week and I was there for that wasn't I?)
The wife's birthday was Monday too but I bought her a rural 5acre block that the titles came through for on Thursday, so she should be happy, right?

Seems some swoffing on a flat with jelly prawns being voraciously harassed by Barra and thread fin isn't what I should be doing!

My complaints (and determineation to go swoffing despite all the flack I was getting), mattered not as then I get a sad call of my brother dying after a decade plus long illness
What r u going you do? - your brother is your brother - even though we were poles start in age, outlook, sports, hobbies and fly fishing (could never talk him into it as he was a bit of a home body)

So here I sit in Darwin airport, clear night skies mind u, off on the red eye to Sydney
Funeral is Tuesday and my last career of being a church pastor has me preparing my brothers funeral service but got too sad and had to distract myself by updating this blog.

His death makes me the last of my immediate family (excluding the next generation of children and my brothers grandchildren)
That context really Makes me ponder and think - I should b fishing more!
And I will.!!

Well at least when I get back at end if this coming week
Well after marking 60+ science assignments and 40+ science tests
Writing 6 subject programs to get my curriculum supervisor off my back.
And a bit of grinding on some fibreglassing work as I have been doing of some DIY ply/fibreglass fish tanks with school students and their work quality isn't quite there yet
Hoping to make my own 2.4m x 600mm x 600mm billabong - all with tarpon, Barra and toga.
See this forum Post for details.

So life a bit crazy at the moment.. Sad times too.
If I can suggest call you family and say hello. You never know if you are going to get another chance to do so

So seeing I can't go fishing for next week or so
Get out there yourselves and make up for my lack

Enjoy
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something constructive to add please do so.......
After moderation (if it is constructive) it will be published.