Why the Blog......

9 years now into the blog, and lots and lots posts on the SWOFFING (Salt Water Fly FishING) in and around Darwin - maps, flies, outings and musings

Hope your enjoying it!

Friday, January 8, 2016

Good Forecast for Sunday and Monday

Well finally after several weeks of crazy mean and unkind to SWOFFING weather............
We have a good forecast!
 (but you know my trust in the forecast doesn't go too far)

Still I am desperate for a fly fish in the salt!
Here is the tides  for Sunday- big but not too bad according to the solar/moon/tide charts
Will have to come back in after 2pm to ensure enough inflow of tide to access the ramp but the wind is 'suppose' to stay calmish most of the day (Saturday even better wind wise but wife has me busy!)


My usual Swoffing partner - Canadian Pete (citizen ship ceremony should be soon! a week or two!) is sick (man flu?) and looks like he won't make Sunday
I will send him pictures of fish caught to cheer him up in his sick bed

Aren't I nice! ---  lol,
Going to be awesome catching fish and sending him photos via the phone - can u sense my anticipation of this massive 'favour' to keep him happy and involved while in his sick bed!

Looking forward to casting the fly both Sunday and Monday
(wife doesn't know yet that it is both days!)
But I have heaps of brownie points with several days weed spraying at the rural block, plus heaps of time researching stuff for the house we are building after the wet season, like getting quotes for irrigation, electrical, and all that sort of stuff
Then again, she is still not entirely happy with me most of the time and that's never going to change!

on Sunday I will head straight to Lee Point to chase macks, trevs and queenies first......
Unless I find stuff on the way (like those golden schools near the city - would love that!)
Later, some Barra and such up the creeks on the low tide, before heading to the ramp

Until then
Tight lines - see you on the water maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something constructive to add please do so.......
After moderation (if it is constructive) it will be published.