Why the Blog......

9 years now into the blog, and lots and lots posts on the SWOFFING (Salt Water Fly FishING) in and around Darwin - maps, flies, outings and musings

Hope your enjoying it!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Boat now starting (Yeehaaaa!), so off to Bynoe this weekend

Got a phone call late Thursday, in middle of a meeting
"do you want to go fishing this weekend?"
The part I needed to replace

Who was this, I thought.......

The voice continued....."If you do, your boat is ready to pickup, and looks like less wind forecast for weekend, which is just right for your sort of fishing" (what's this 'your sort of fishing', I thought SWOFFING was the ONLY sort of fishing, isn't it?)

Still, the penny finally drops and it is 'Frenchies', my boat mechanic who continues, "the boat is fixed and we shut in an hour if you want to pick it up" - I dropped everything

I was in the middle of conducting an iPad training meeting for my fellow teachers, but I gave them all an early mark and raced for the door. "Sorry folks, I got better things to do!"

Instead of waiting two plus weeks for the one particular Mercury part I needed, the awesome guys at Frenchies worked miracles and converted a Suzuki part to do the same job.

Once home I charged the motor battery, then today after coming back from Darwin Agriculture show with the family (gaining lots of 'brownie' points!), charged the trolling battery, checked the fuel, check the oil in motor, checked tyres, and trailer. then sprayed any rust prone bits with lanolin spray.

Clousers
Once that was done, I popped inside to storage area to sort out the gear I would be taking, same as I blogged about previously

Also tied a few more flies as you can never have enough flies with the reported heaps of broad barred mackerel over a metre around the spots I will be fishing this Sunday!

The wife and two kids are coming too, to stay with friends we have at Dundee overnight on Saturday but the fishing on Sunday will be just me - YES! (I am such a hermit according to my wife - maybe so!)

Crease Flies
Report of trip to follow next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something constructive to add please do so.......
After moderation (if it is constructive) it will be published.