Why the Blog......

9 years now into the blog, and lots and lots posts on the SWOFFING (Salt Water Fly FishING) in and around Darwin - maps, flies, outings and musings

Hope your enjoying it!

Friday, November 6, 2015

20151106 - Darwin Harbour

Well not the best day on the water........

First the fish just didn't want to play

I found some activity along East Arm wharf and sadly while the dock workers were watching I didn't catch any of the active fish

Found a pack of queenfish in front of the Naval area but after being quite active once I hooked one they just disappeared with out another boil, slash or ripple

Off Kaitlyn Bay I found some fish feeding and was tail hit a few times of first retrieve - then this dopey old bugger drives right through the area I was casting to tell me about active birds and fish further back 300m. Still didn't get the hint at my annoyance of his arrival when I told him the fish were also where he just went through and he just wished me luck.

I travelled all around the harbour looking for fish - caught only two, the one described before, the other off a large school of long finned batfish = this one a queenie too. I followed this school from a distance casting to its edge as it moved along Lee Point Reef - till out of frustration of only catching one fish after plenty of good casts, I went in for a closer look and saw what they were - bugger. Have hooked them before they go hard but difficult to get them to take the fly.

After such a good few last outings this one was quite the 'bummer' and a 'downer'
Add to this that the electric motor got fried with heaps of electrical smoke coming out of the control box - will have to pull that apart to check out what happened
Add to this that my boat trailer is starting to look quite rusted out (i.e. big money!)
And the wife hassling me about all the fishing I have been doing (even though she suggested it!)
And she is nagging me that I should have done more maintenance on the trailer!!!
And all the work I have missed while on long service leave - that will still need to be done
60 tests and 180 unit reviews to be marked next week and up date my lesson programs (that no one will ever read!!!)
So feeling a little pressured at the moment - probably would not feel this way if had I caught more fish today.

Oh well, lets go fishing to Bynoe on Sunday!
until then  - tight lines and fast fish

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something constructive to add please do so.......
After moderation (if it is constructive) it will be published.