Why the Blog......

9 years now into the blog, and lots and lots posts on the SWOFFING (Salt Water Fly FishING) in and around Darwin - maps, flies, outings and musings

Hope your enjoying it!

Saturday, May 21, 2016

trailer is stuffed

Got the boat off the trailer by tying back of it off to the rear fence and driving trailer away - well after a couple of attempts
It is now sitting on some wooden pallets

Also found out hydraulics for motor is again on the 'fritz' - bugger!

Once I got it to school and a covered work area, I attacked the trailer with hammer to knock off any rust.









Well talk about 'any' rust - it was all rust!!!
I found at least four parts of the trailer that were paper thin


So it is time to right off the trailer!

Bugger! Why? cause with the wife so focused on the house we are about to build - my fishing with a boat is way down, and I mean way down - her priority list.

I was quite optimistic about repairing the trailer, until the hammering took place and the hammer went through the chassis with the slightest effort

So also looks like a couple of land based trips - Dundee Beach north of town, city beaches like Cathie's recent sojourn to Dripstone area beach (awesome stuff by the way Cathie!!)

Then there is a few holes in my fly boxes that need filling to occupy my time

Well until Peter gets back from his trip home to Canada to see his folks

So down but not out!







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something constructive to add please do so.......
After moderation (if it is constructive) it will be published.